Here we go!

Over the past few years we (my family and I) have entered an exciting, sometimes frightening, and ever unfolding world. It is the world of book making. It seems unbelievable that I am now a published author, several times over. Even more unreal is the fact that we are now publishers of a growing number of books.

This blog will both document our progress and also give its readers some insight into my personal thoughts and musings.

Hope you find it interesting and somehow rewarding!

Here we go!

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

winter

Christmas day greeted us with a blanket of new snow.  Before the snow ended there were about 10 inches of the white stuff covering everything in sight.  This was the first major snow on Christmas day in Western North Carolina in over 30 years (or so we are told).  After several days of dealing with the snow, ice and the cold wintry air that blew in after the snowstorm, you might wonder why someone would dream of a "White Christmas".  As I checked my email, Twitter, and Facebook and talked to friends and family I heard over and over again a myriad of laments about the snow.  I was reminded of a truth the Apostle Paul discovered in his life.  To be content on matter what the circumstances of his life.

Winter has started off as a very brutal season, here in the mountains.  I don't mean to minimize the problems it presents for many people.  The family struggling with heating needs, the widow who cannot get to the grocery store, individuals stranded at airports or even on highways, folks who are missing much needed hours at work are just a few of the realities of what the winter weather has brought into individual lives.  However, if we are talking about a life of difficulty, I don't think any of us would not acknowledge that Paul's life experiences contained more calamity than ours.  Yet he found a way to not be discouraged or have a complaining spirit amid beatings, jail time, misunderstandings, disputes with friends, and some many of the things that would have surely discouraged any of us.  So how bad are my circumstances, anyway?

The truth is "God is in control" and "God is good all the time, and all the time God is good".  So let's find the beauty in our situations and thank the Lord for His presence and guidance even in the most difficult times.

Winter


New morning light
Shows a layer of white
Hiding the dead
Bringing beauty instead

Fence post and tree limb
Clad in a pale skin
Icy and cold
Outlining each fold

Gray curling smoke
From a fire being stoked
Wind blowing strong
Icicles long

Bed covers pulled tight
Embers glow bright
Steam from a cup
Kids bundled up

Frost laden glimpses
Rousing my senses
Reminders I know
Of wintertime's glow

No comments:

Post a Comment