I am writing this post from Korea. We have been here for just over a week and will be leaving in a couple of days. Our time here has included so much.
I have had the privilege of sharing with nearly 20 student groups from preschoolers to high schoolers. Joyce has also shared with many of the groups. Today's events were all held at Central Christian Academy in Suwon. These were especially interesting because the students were all Korean and were speaking English as a second language. Sharing with them about such topics as rhyming words, rhyming sequence, and meter patterns was challenging, but they seemed captivated by the books (especially the Dorothy book).
Last Thursday, Friday, and Saturday we were excited to be apart of the ACSI International Teachers' Conference. There were almost 1000 international educators who gathered from nearly 30 countries. Both Joyce and I led workshops. We are thrilled to have been able to meet with some incredible leaders in the International education community. We learned a great deal and feel we have seen some awesome doors of opportunity begin to open.
As has been happening in recent weeks, the Lord continues to connect us with individuals who have a desire to minister to orphans and other disadvantaged children.
I opened up this file to post a new blog and discovered that I had never posted this entry. Rather than complete this, I am posting it "as is" and will post another that will hopefully provide some follow up to these thoughts.
Reflections on things as I see them, through the eyes of a well seasoned participant in life's journey.
Here we go!
Over the past few years we (my family and I) have entered an exciting, sometimes frightening, and ever unfolding world. It is the world of book making. It seems unbelievable that I am now a published author, several times over. Even more unreal is the fact that we are now publishers of a growing number of books.
This blog will both document our progress and also give its readers some insight into my personal thoughts and musings.
Hope you find it interesting and somehow rewarding!
Here we go!
This blog will both document our progress and also give its readers some insight into my personal thoughts and musings.
Hope you find it interesting and somehow rewarding!
Here we go!
No comments:
Post a Comment