Here we go!

Over the past few years we (my family and I) have entered an exciting, sometimes frightening, and ever unfolding world. It is the world of book making. It seems unbelievable that I am now a published author, several times over. Even more unreal is the fact that we are now publishers of a growing number of books.

This blog will both document our progress and also give its readers some insight into my personal thoughts and musings.

Hope you find it interesting and somehow rewarding!

Here we go!

Friday, September 3, 2010

So it begins

So it begins - the blogging that is!

The days are filled with a myriad of activities.  There are meetings to attend, text to proof, contacts to make, events to plan, workshops to prepare, reservations to make, horses to feed, and dogs to walk.  So many exciting opportunities as we approach the fall and holiday seasons.  
 

Yesterday alone, we were able to confirm several new public schools that have invited me to come and share about our books.  Both Joyce and I were also confirmed as presenters for the upcoming ACSI International Conference in Suwon, Korea.   Two days ago I met with a number of individuals to begin planning for what appears to be a whole series of activities to occur later this fall in Georgia.  At the same time we are preparing to leave next week for several book events, in Virginia and Maryland, that will culminate with book signings at the Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine in Baltimore.  Today I will be able to pick up the completed illustrations for my new, upcoming book Dorothy and the Good Shepherd.


Yet in the midst of so much that is amazing - yesterday was an incredibly frustrating day as we tried to work through all of the mechanics of making sure that our budding publishing business is working as it should.  The reality is that there are always going to be good and bad in every day and in all that we do.  I have to stay focused on what God is doing and on two important truths. One is that God is at work to accomplish good in the events of my life - Romans 8:28.  The second is that He is able to more than I can even imagine is possible - Ephesians 3:20.

Disappointment results from my limited sight
Of how things should be, or what I thinks right

Its often the case that my outlook will change
When the facts are all in, or a loss looks like gain

When my focus is centered on what affects me
I interpret each factor, on the little I see

Its hard to determine what really is good
When I only can see to the end of the hood

So why not relax - Trust one who see's all
Who's as big as my problems, while I am so small

And He's One who love's me.  He'll bring what is best
I know with his leading, I'll always be blest

TP



No comments:

Post a Comment