Here we go!

Over the past few years we (my family and I) have entered an exciting, sometimes frightening, and ever unfolding world. It is the world of book making. It seems unbelievable that I am now a published author, several times over. Even more unreal is the fact that we are now publishers of a growing number of books.

This blog will both document our progress and also give its readers some insight into my personal thoughts and musings.

Hope you find it interesting and somehow rewarding!

Here we go!

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Eastern shore

We just returned from a whirlwind trip to the Eastern shore of Maryland, with a few days in Eastern Virginia and also a couple of days in Baltimore, thrown in for good measure.  It would require more space than I am prepared to fill to give adequate attention to all that we did while we were there.


Over the course of 8 days I was privileged to speak at a local church, speak at 3 Christian school chapels, share books 5 times in 3 public schools, meet with a group of home school parents, was interviewed on WOLC, held a book signing at the Gospel Shop, shared the books at a preschool, met with two illustrators, met with a Christian school group about upcoming events, met with a representative at the Smithsonian,and had two incredible days sharing our "Francis" book at Fort McHenry.

 It is exciting to see the enthusiasm people are expressing about all of the books.  It is difficult to take in all that God is doing.  These are amazing days for us. 

At the same time, the exhaustion from all the activity and pressures related to helping to manage a growing business enterprise have taken their toll.  I find that I struggle to not allow the tension that all of this creates to rob me of the Joy that should be overflowing right now.

One thing that was and is a great source of encouragement is the support of an incredible family and the love that we received from some awesome friends in Virginia and Maryland.  The work Joyce, Ben, Brett, and Angie are doing is incredible.  Ted, Becky, Susie, Don, Nick and Heather extended themselves beyond anything I could have ever imagined.  It was great to begin to get to know new friends Tony, Vince, Joe, Matt, Duane and others (too many to list). 

When God is working, the unbelievable happens.  We experienced that this week. When God is working, Satan is also shooting his darts. We also experienced that this week.  But, "greater is He that is in us, than he that is in the world." 

Thank you Lord, for an incredible experience this past week.  I can't wait to see what you are going to accomplish.  At the same time, I am checking to make sure that I am properly attired in my spiritual armor.

No comments:

Post a Comment