Here we go!

Over the past few years we (my family and I) have entered an exciting, sometimes frightening, and ever unfolding world. It is the world of book making. It seems unbelievable that I am now a published author, several times over. Even more unreal is the fact that we are now publishers of a growing number of books.

This blog will both document our progress and also give its readers some insight into my personal thoughts and musings.

Hope you find it interesting and somehow rewarding!

Here we go!

Monday, October 11, 2010

A Marvelous Perspective

The past week or so have been somewhat trying.  Both Joyce and I have been battling some type of virus or flu.  It was certainly more than the good old "common cold".  Things are always sort of drab and dreary when you get back from an exciting vacation.  In this particular case there were several thorny issues that we needed to handle.  There is so much to be done before we hit the full stride of our Christmas season.

I am ashamed to admit that I was discouraged and dismayed as I waded into what seemed like some incredibly perilous waters.  We committed our way to the Lord and began to work on the issues we faced.  By week's end we had seen God once again prove that He is able to do "immeasurably more than we could ask or imagine".  Then last night - Sunday evening October 10 we received some truly heartrending news.  A very dear friend, incredibly gifted musician, and devoted disciple of Christ - David Carson has recently been diagnosed with a very aggressive brain tumor.  Dave and I have laughed together, hunted together, eaten together, worshiped together, fought a family of skunks together, been neighbors, and friends.  We toured together with a male quartet we helped form called the "New Beginning" too many years ago to admit.  Dave has always had a heart for God.  He has been a loving husband, father, grandfather, pastor, missionary, spirit filled musician and gifted Bible teacher. 

We had lost touch with Dave and Pam for several years, until late last fall when we reconnected in Apex, NC around a rather large pizza.  It was a great time that both Joyce and I have cherished over these past few months.  Then yesterday the devastating news.  I must say there have been few things in my life that have been more disturbing to me than when we heard of Dave's illness.

I picked up the phone and dialed Dave and Pam's number hoping to be able to encourage Pam that we would be standing with them through what may very well be dark days.  Instead, Dave answered the phone!  As we talked, and he shared how blessed he and his family were, I was amazed and ashamed.  How could I have let such temporal difficulties cloud my days.  David continues to inspire.  He knows that apart from a Divine intervention of miraculous proportions, his days on this earth are rather few.  However, he shared how "glorious" (his words) the prospects of seeing Christ and experiencing His presence has become in his life.

What an incredible testimony, what an marvelous perspective.  Thanks Dave for sharing your love for Christ to so many and allowing us to see Christ in and through you.  You can be assured of my prayers and support as you fight the battle God has called you to wage. 

"He who began a good work in you, will be faithful to complete it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment